Monday 3 June 2013

Rebuked By My Alarm Clock!


Yesterday before I slept, I set an alarm in my phone to wake me up at 6:15 in the morning the next day (Today), then I slept and had a good night; when I woke up, it was already morning, I could see the sun rays trying to make their way through the curtain of my window.

I didn't know what time it was, and I still wanted to sleep but remembered that I had to wake up and get ready to go to work ( Internship) but I had set the alarm for the time to wake up... then I told myself to relax and wait for the alarm to ring, but I doubted if it would ever ring, all sorts of thoughts ran in my mind, maybe it has unset itself (if that word exits) , maybe it has gone off (knowing very well that it was fully charged when I slept) maybe its not there anymore,maybe maybe maybe... then I gave my doubts a chance, stretched my arm and  picked my phone, guess what I saw? it was 6:14, only ONE minute to the time set!only ONE minute for it to ring, if I had relaxed and been a little bit patient my alarm would have done its work and I would have saved myself from being such anxious early in the morning.

Hey Tasha what are you trying to say here? what's the moral of the whole scenario? This taught me that there's a very thin line between PATIENCE and TRUST, when we trust we find it very easy to be patient, and it works almost in every area of our lives, especially in our relationships, with GOD and with people.

When there's trust you relax, you rely on the promise of the person who gave it to you, you are at peace, and you are unshakable no matter what comes along, but when you happen to doubt of the faithfulness of the other person, you become unbearable, impatient, and unsecured; and you miss out the privilege of seeing the results of patience, when you doubt you also refuse a chance to the other person to fulfill their plans for you and and to make you happy.

I am not the best person to talk about trust and patience because I am still struggling with them; am an impatient person, I want do to anything about everything, at times I doubt of my boyfriend's love/attention when he makes some days without calling, and its always an ugly experience when I get to know that he was badly broke and I was busy getting crazy and impatient about it. I feel crashed and ashamed that I fail to trust him enough. Trust is such important that its all we need to get God's best in our lives, we have to fully trust Him to know the best for us, and trust that His will to be the best for us, then we'll be able to be patient and wait upon Him.

Today I choose to stop doubting and start Trusting, in God and in the ones who love me, no matter what's the situation. I choose to give myself a chance to enjoy the peace that comes from trusting, I choose to take them at their words and relax.

You may be struggling with the same issues, my alarm experience inspired me this morning, maybe this inspires you too, you can make the same choice; Start Trusting, Patience will come along!

with Love,
Tasha

7 comments:

  1. Thank you cousin for the share! you're such a blessing, full of inspiring words...
    actually, if i went through this long story to the end, it's because i thought you were talking about "the biological clock"lool
    don't know where i read it from... from my tied head about to get in bed maybe or personal concern...hihihi(u're not concerned yet)!!!
    GBU again and again

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMINA!!! this great dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahhahahaha, u're amazing Hono... so you thought it was my biological clock, that doesn't really bother me, I'm learning to trust in God to take care of that side of my life! He'll do the best. so how is my lovely cousin doing? miss u dear, happy that you read my blog!

    @Diane, Rutwe kuva ryari se uri Enock??? thanks! hope u got inspired somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hhmmmmm.....wanting to do anything about everything(how funny it is any way that was my favorite part).....iliked it kbsa...ooooh no iwanted to say that idouble liked it

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahahah, does it ever happen to you??? do you identify with the experience? then you need to join me in the patience journey!!! hope we'll get there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely have your way of making it so simple and plain for understanding, I know its over 3 years but still true and perfect message for 2017 prayers, thanks Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear, sometimes I also forget some of these truth, and it's a reminder to me too and as you say a relevant prayer for 2017. God bless you boo

      Delete